FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
Hours of Operation:
Public Works - 7 am to 4:30 pm
Finance Office - 8
am to 5 pm
There is a drop box outside of City Hall. You may drop off rental keys or
your waterbill in the box.
Directions to the Rubble Site:
Go 1.5 Miles north of Exit 10 on Highway 85, Turn left (west) onto Camp Comfort Road and go 1/2 Mile.
Items that can be brought to the Rubble Site, Costs and Hours:
The door to the Police Department:
Use the northwest entrance on the Illinois Street side of the Municipal
Rules and Regulations for the Rosehill Cemetery:
GARAGE SALE SIGN GUIDELINES
In the summer months, garage sales/ rummage sales are a source of entertainment for the community, and an opportunity for owners of unwanted household items to recycle and earn a little money for their effort. Summer is also the time of year when the natural beauty of Spearfish is in full swing. So that we can keep our city free from un-necessary visual clutter and also allow citizens to enjoy their garage sale activities, here are some guidelines to be followed when posting a garage sale sign:
- Post the sign only with the approval of the adjoining property owner.
- The sign may not be attached to a public utility box, street sign, traffic pole or utility pole.
- The sign must be free standing and attached to a frame, or lightweight stake that may be easily pulled from the ground and
- The sign may not interfere with visibility of traffic or use of sidewalks.
- The sign may be posted only on the day of the sale and must be removed immediately after the garage sale is over
- The maximum size of the sign allowed is 18 x 24 inches
Signs that do not comply with these guidelines will be removed without notice.
The Phone number to the Post Office:
You may obtain your drivers license at:
The Spearfish Fire Department Main Station, located at 620 Canyon St.,
on Wednesdays of each week. For more information on driver's licenses
Spearfish School District Number:
school is also listed under "schools" in the phone book.
call South Dakota One Call - 1-800-781-7474
The phone number to the Chamber of Commerce: