City of Spearfish, SD
City of Spearfish Home Employment Forms Links Ordinances City Maps Web Cam Newsletter FAQ's Contact Us
Departments Public Works Department Finance Department Police Department Fire Department Library City Administrator Our Mayor City Council


Pay your utility bill online


The Finance Office staff will assist customers with establishing utility service. It is the responsibility of both the current and new occupant of any location to contact the Finance Office when a change in occupancy is expected. A security deposit of $100.00 must be paid to the Finance Office prior to the effective date of the new occupant. All deposits are held for five (5) years. If the occupant leaves prior to the five year term, the deposit will be applied to the final billing of the account.

The City of Spearfish does not disconnect water service at any location for occupant changes. Any persons wishing to have their water service disconnected must contact a private plumber or the Public Works office to loan a water key. The City will disconnect water service for non-payment of accounts only.

If the utility account is not paid for two consecutive months, the customer is sent a disconnection notice by mail. To insure continued utility service the customer must pay the balance in full or make payment arrangements with the Utility Billing Supervisor at 605-642-1327 prior to the disconnection date listed on the notice.



Photo Credits

Web site design and development by Grapevine Design