ADMINISTRATIVE RATES & POLICIES - Effective 1/1/13
- Requested Special Pick up Service – The City will provide
pick up service for residential customers. Customers must contact
the Public Works Office to make a reservation and payment must
prior to pick up. The following items are accepted:
- Furniture, mattresses and box springs: 1st item $15, $10 per item after that.
Amount not to exceed standard pickup load
- Appliances that do NOT use freon: 1st item $15, $10 per item after that. Amount not to exceed standard pickup load
- Appliances that DO contain freon: 1st item $60, $20 per additional item to Belle, $10 per additional item to RUS. Items containing Freon will be taken to Belle and will not be accepted at the RUS.
- Truck Services: The City may provide a truck for city residents use based on availability. Spearfish residents with a current, up-to-date account must come to the Public Works Office to reserve a truck and authorize the payment to be added to their monthly utility bill. Trucks are delivered and removed by City staff during normal business hours. The truck will be parked on paved or graveled surfaces only. The City will not be responsible for rutting or driveway damage.
** Residents may not mix loads
**Residents may not operate the truck
Allowed items are:
1) Branches (by themselves);
2) Shingles (no paper or plastic);
3) Concrete, asphalt, dirt and rock (may be combined or separate)
Items not allowed are:
Plastic, cardboard, treated lumber, hazardous materials, household trash
Truck Rate - $60.00 Any mixed load will result in a $50.00 surcharge Commercial use not permitted
- Trees, branches, and yard waste–
- The City will NOT
collect these items unless specifically authorized by the City
- Residential customers may request truck service for
trees and branches only, no yard waste. (Refer to residential
use and rate policy.)
- Christmas tree disposal – The City will provide free
of charge, collection and disposal service to residential customers
with specific pick up times and dates determined by the Public
Works Department. Christmas trees may also be taken to Rubble
hours of operation free of charge.
- Only tires without rims will be accepted at the Rubble Site:
- Tires with rims will NOT be accepted.
- The City will NOT
provide pickup or truck service for tire disposal.
- Used oil & antifreeze will be accepted free of charge at the
Canyon Street Shop during business hours. Oil and antifreeze
must be in separate containers and labeled.
- Rubbish, building material,
and metal – These items will be
accepted at the Spearfish Rubble Site during posted operating hours.
Fees will reflect current disposal rates and are collected prior to
- Batteries will be accepted free of charge at the Spearfish
Rubble Site. The site operator must check in batteries.