Services provided include:
A security deposit of $150.00 is collected from all customers establishing city services. Deposits are held for 3 years, and with good payment history, are refunded to the current balance or they are applied to the final bill.
Application for Service
To start services, please complete the appropriate application and return to the Utility Services Office:
- Water meters are read each month. The reading date depends on which "Zone" a property resides in. Once the bills are prepared, they are mailed or emailed to the customers. Bills are due 21 days after mailing. Due dates vary depending on the zone and cannot be changed.
- Unpaid balances will receive a 5% penalty and could result in notification of delinquency.
- Attention Renters, landlords will be notified of any delinquencies. Accounts revert back to the property owner on the third delinquency. Review the full Utility Collection Policy (PDF).
Please contact the Finance Office 3 days prior to your moving date. Failure to do so could result in additional charges. Please utilize the Stop Service Request Form.
- Automatic direct payment for a checking, savings, debit or credit card account through the use of the Authorization for Direct Payment Form (PDF)
- Pay your bill online
- Payments can be mailed, delivered to City Hall or in the payment drop box located in the parking lot
- Phone payment is available by calling 855-312-4507
- We accept cash, check, credit/debit cards or money order
The City of Spearfish offers a reduced rate for those properties that are vacated for 30 consecutive days. This rate is not retroactive and an administrative fee does apply. Call 605-642-1325 for more information.
Any persons wishing to have their water service turned off must contact a plumber or the City Utility office to borrow a curb stop wrench. The City turns off water service for non-payment of accounts only.