Participate in upcoming public input sessions for the Spearfish Parks and Recreation Master Plan
SPEARFISH, SD – All are invited to participate in upcoming public input sessions as part of the Spearfish Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
The meetings will take place at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 29, and 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 1, in the gymnasium in the Spearfish Rec Center, located at 122 Recreation Lane.
The meeting on Sept. 29 will focus on parks, paths, and trails, while the Oct. 1 meeting will focus on the Spearfish Recreation and Aquatics Center program and facilities.
Both sessions are scheduled to run from 5:30-7 p.m., and residents are free to drop in at any time while the session is active.
Discussion during the meetings will focus on:
- Accomplishing the Parks and Recreation department’s mission statement
- The community’s vision for the department and its offerings
- Fiscal and budgetary concerns
- General discussion and input on all things parks and rec
Each topic will have its own station, and participants will have two methods of providing input:
- They may write down their input with provided pens/pencils and paper and simply post it to the station’s easel board, and/or
- They may join a station and discuss each topic with City staff and fellow participants for a set amount of time
Please note: With the current COVID-19 pandemic, station seats will be spaced 6 feet apart, and the number of seats per station will be limited. Participants wanting to join these discussions are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided, and staff will be sanitizing the room throughout the session.
Residents who are unable or unwilling to attend the in-person sessions will have a chance to provide direct input via an online meeting to be held at a later date. We hope to see and hear from you soon!