Following the lead of the “Mask Up South Dakota” campaign and other entities across the state united in the mission to stop the spread of COVID-19, the City of Spearfish is reminding all residents and visitors to Mask Up Spearfish!
The City has partnered with Monument Health, Black Hills State University, Spearfish School District, and Visit Spearfish, and invites all organizations, agencies, and businesses within the community to join the effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
We support keeping our city open for business, school, and tourism, using the safest ways scientifically shown to do so: Washing our hands, social distancing, and wearing a mask when around other people.
Whether we are at work, at school, out shopping, or enjoying our free time, our actions matter and impact those around us. To help keep our local health care systems from being overwhelmed as active COVID cases and hospitalizations increase; to help keep our schoolchildren in school; to help employers protect their employees who are providing services every day; to protect our loved ones, friends, and neighbors – we ask everyone in Spearfish to do your part.
Join Mask Up Spearfish and practice the following preventative practices recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention):
- Practice social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet away from others, and when that is not possible, wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; or after using the restroom.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Avoid groups of 10 or more people when social distancing is not possible.
We are united in our love of and for Spearfish, and we recognize that all of our actions matter and impact our loved ones, friends, and neighbors around us. Take action. Join us. Mask Up Spearfish!
City of Spearfish
Spearfish School District
Black Hills State University
Northern Hills Training Center
(If you would like to add your organization/agency/business to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you would like a poster like the one below to put in your business/agency/organization/office, please email email@example.com. It will be set aside for you and can be picked up at the Administration window on the second floor of Spearfish City Hall. A PDF of the poster is available here.)
Watch your mailbox for this postcard to arrive soon! Extras are also available at City Hall.