SPEARFISH, SD – The City of Spearfish is offering new digital features for utility customers.
There are currently numerous ways for customers to pay their utility bill, including online and over the phone, and a new option available is Text to Pay.
How does it work?
- The customer calls the over the phone payment system at 855-312-4507 and selects the option to sign up for Text to Pay.
- The system sends the customer a text message to confirm signup.
- After the customer confirms the enrollment, the system will send the user a text message when a new balance is available on the user’s utility account.
- To make a payment, the customer will reply to the text with, “Pay.”
- The system sends the customer a confirmation text with the receipt number.
Image caption: The above image shows an example of the text messages a customer would receive when signing up for the Text to Pay feature. Image courtesy of City of Spearfish
Another exciting new feature is email reminders. Online users can select “Email Reminders” (located under the “Communications” tab on their online account) to let them know a new utility bill is ready, and the email contains a one-click button to “Pay Now.”
Image caption: The above image shows an example of an email reminder customers would receive to let them know their new utility bill is ready, should they sign up for Email Reminders on their online account. Image courtesy City of Spearfish
Another reminder is sent 7 days prior to the due date of the utility bill.
Visit https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/spearfishsd to manage or update your online utility account.