SPEARFISH, SD – The Spearfish City Council is reviewing the 2023 budget proposal at their upcoming Study Sessions through presentations from City departments, with final review planned for August and approval of the 2023 appropriations ordinance scheduled for September.
The timeline is as follows:
- General Fund, Miscellaneous Funds - Presentations from Public Safety, City Administration, and City Planning departments - Wednesday, July 27 Study Session, 4:15 p.m.
- General Fund - Presentations from Parks department and regarding grant requests from local organizations; and Enterprise Funds – Presentations from Public Works department and regarding utilities – Wednesday, August 10 Study Session, 4:15 p.m.
- Final Review – Monday, August 15 City Council Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
- Optional discussion – Wednesday, August 31 Study Session, 4:15 p.m.
- 1st Reading of Ordinance to Approve 2023 Budget – Tuesday, September 6 City Council Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Reading of Ordinance to Approve 2023 Budget – Monday, September 19 City Council Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
The General Fund provides funding for the daily operations of the City and is funded through property and sales taxes, licenses and permits, other charges, fines, revenue, cash on hand, etc. Enterprise Funds include water, hydro, sewer, airport, solid waste, and campground.
All meetings are open to the public and take place in Council Chambers on the second floor of Spearfish City Hall, located at 625 North 5th Street. There is also the option to attend the meeting virtually; details are available on the meeting agendas, available at https://www.cityofspearfish.com/agendacenter.