We are pleased to announce a new program to further enhance our city services to residents. We have entered into a new agreement with Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA), a HomeServe Company, a leading provider of home repair solutions, to provide optional repair service plans to our resident homeowners.
The service plans offered to City of Spearfish homeowners through SLWA are affordable solutions to protect them from the cost and inconvenience of home repair emergencies, including water service line leaks on their property. As you may know, many of our residents become frustrated when they discover a broken water pipe and then learn that the repair is their responsibility. Homeowners are often unaware these types of repairs are not covered by basic homeowners insurance policies or by us. The City of Spearfish recognized that one way we could address this problem is to offer an optional service program that would protect our homeowners from the cost and inconvenience of this type of repair.
The City of Spearfish and SLWA have worked together to tailor the program to meet the needs of our residents. The marketing, customer service, and repairs using local, licensed, and approved contractors will be managed entirely by SLWA.
What you need to know:
- Over the next month, Spearfish residents will receive an introductory mailing to inform them about optional exterior water or sewer service line repair plans available through SLWA. Because we have an agreement with SLWA, the City of Spearfish logo will appear on the mailings, which will clearly state that the program is voluntary and is administered by SLWA, not the City.
- The Exterior Water Service Line Coverage is available for $6.75 per month and an Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage plan is available for $7.75 per month. Services are billed, monthly, quarterly or annually directly through SLWA.
- SLWA plan holders have access to a repair hotline that is accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and repairs are performed by local, licensed, and insured contractors.
- Spearfish homeowners can learn more about these optional plans and SLWA by visiting www.slwofa.com or calling toll-free 1-866-922-9006.
- Founded in 2003, Utility Service Partners, together with its parent company, HomeServe USA, has partnered with over 700 leading cities, municipalities, and utilities to provide repair service plans that offer peace of mind and convenience. The SLWA program maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and is recognized as a trusted source of utility line service plans and is also endorsed by the National League of Cities.