Yes. Both Spearfish and Lawrence County have adopted the International Property Maintenance Code. Additionally, both entities have entered into a contract referred to as the Joint Powers Agreement. This contract provides the authority to regulate and enforce certain Spearfish city codes and ordinances within a prescribed area of Lawrence County contiguous to the city limits.
Review a map of the covered area (JPG).
The following adopted Spearfish city codes and ordinances are included in this agreement:
- Building, Electrical, and Plumbing Contractor Licensing
- Flood Prevention and Protection
- International Building Code
- International Fire Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Property Maintenance Code
- International Residential Code
- Variance Requests