How do I report a property maintenance violation?

Report property code violation(s) within city limits directly to the Property Maintenance Office.

Complaints may be filed using any of the following methods:

  • In person: Our office is located at:
    625 5th Street in City Hall
    Office hours: Monday through Friday
    7 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
  • Online: Complaints may be filed online twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week by using the online comment/complaint form.
  • Telephone: Our telephone number is 605-717-1126. Please leave a message on the voicemail if your call is not answered.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between property maintenance regulations (code enforcement) and homeowner association requirements?
2. How do I report a property maintenance violation?
3. I want to report a property maintenance problem in my neighborhood but I don't want anyone to know I called, do I have to give you my name?
4. What happens after I file my complaint/request, what do you do? How long does it take, will you contact me afterwards?
5. What are the enforcement procedures?
6. How much time do I have to correct a violation?
7. What should I do if I receive a property code warning notice?
8. I need more time to correct the code violations on my property, what do I do?
9. What can I do if I get a notice and do not understand what the violation is?
10. What happens if the property does not come into compliance or I refuse to comply?