So that we can keep our city free from un-necessary visual clutter and also allow citizens to enjoy their garage sale activities, here are some guidelines to be followed when posting a garage sale sign, signs that do not comply with the following guidelines will be removed without notice:
- Post the sign only with the approval of the adjacent property owner
- The sign may not be attached to a public utility box, street sign, traffic pole or utility pole
- The sign must be free standing and attached to a frame or lightweight stake that may be easily pulled from the ground (attaching to a box is not allowed)
- The sign may not interfere with visibility of traffic or use of sidewalks
- The sign may be posted only on the day of the sale and must be removed immediately after the garage sale is over
- The maximum size of the sign allowed is six square feet
Signs that do not comply with these guidelines will be removed without notice.