The library now offers e-books and downloadable audio through our Black Hills Library Consortium.
You can access thousands of titles for free from nearly any device with internet access. On app-based devices we recommend downloading the award-winning OverDrive Libby app available from your app store, which offers a truly user-friendly experience. The older OverDrive app is also available and continues to offer full access to the collection for those who prefer it, and you can also click on the link above to use the collection in your browser or to transfer items to non app-based devices.
The best part is, if you have an active library card with us, you already have an account set up!
Log in by selecting Grace Balloch Memorial Library and using your library card barcode number and your last name in lowercase letters as your password.
Need help getting started? Stop by and a librarian will be happy to help.
Attention South Dakota Titles to Go users:
Our library is no longer part of South Dakota Titles to Go for our e-book and downloadable audiobook access. We have joined the Black Hills Digital Library collection which will offer more selection, shorter wait times, fewer account restrictions, and greater control over what titles are offered. The provider has not changed, and the process should look the same, although the logos and coloring of the website as well as the selection of titles will look different.
This is how the transition will affect users:
1) If you use the online version, our website will be updated to the new link, but you may need to update any bookmarks that you have created on your computer to the new website.
2) If you use any version of the OverDrive or Libby apps, you will need to update your library from South Dakota Titles to Go to Black Hills Digital Libraries within the app. This should be fairly easy to do by going to manage your libraries and searching for us again to find our new collection.
3) Your account information will remain the same (library card number & last name in all lowercase letters), but you will need to sign in again and resave your information.
4) We are working to transfer holds to the best of our ability, but you may need to replace them in the new system if you find that some disappear. If the title is not available in the new collection, you can make a purchase suggestion for it.
5) Loans from South Dakota Titles to Go will disappear from your account, but if they have already been downloaded to your device you should maintain access to them for the duration of their checkout period.
As always, if you need assistance or have any questions, please do not hesitate to stop in, contact us via email, or call (605) 642-1330.